Pontificia Università Lateranense
“You are therefore, in a special way, the University of the Pope”
Pope John Paul II, February 16, 1980
Born in the heart of the Church and located in the center of Rome, with both saints and popes among its distinguished alumni, the Pontifical Lateran University, with more than two centuries of tradition, stands today as a leader on the frontier of formation and scientific research.
The four Faculties and two Institutes of the Lateran offer both basic and specialized formation, enriched and completed by graduate degree programs in various specializations.
Both the teaching faculty and the student body come from all over the world, providing an international dimension that reflects the universal mission of the Church and ensures personal and pastoral growth and greater cultural awareness.
– Over 200 teachers from more than 20 countries
– More than 40 locations worldwide
– A place where one can meet and exchange ideas with students from over 105 countries
Advanced language instruction
– Foreign language courses on site or at affiliated centers abroad
– Study of the Italian language and culture
– Study of classical languages, Latin and Greek